In 1875, a young Czech immigrant named Joseph Bulova set up shop in New York City, and a legendary American watch brand was born. Bulova was trained as a jeweler, and his expertise carried over into his watchmaking career, which began around 1911 with boudoir clocks and pocket watches, and soon evolved to include what was then one of the latest and most fashionable technological innovations: the wristwatch.
Bulova introduced its first line of wristwatches in 1919. The company grew and prospered, and soon early radio and television ads were declaring, "America runs on Bulova time." In the 1950s, continuing its legacy of innovation, Bulova introduced Accutron, the first electronic watch, and the first breakthrough in timekeeping technology in over 300 years. The Accutron timing mechanism was later adapted for use by NASA computers and a Bulova timer was even placed on the moon to control the transmissions of data. Bulova timepieces have kept official time aboard Air Force One and have also served as official timepieces for U.S. Olympic teams.
Today, Bulova maintains its tradition of excellence in technology and design, offering a diverse collection of beautiful precision timepieces for every occasion.
- Model number: 98R156
- Part Number: 98R156
- Model Year: 2011
- Item Shape: Round
- Dial window material type: Mineral
- Display Type: Analog
- Clasp: Deployment-clasp
- Case material: Stainless steel
- Case diameter: 26.7 millimeters
- Case Thickness: 6.5 millimeters
- Band Material: Stainless steel
- Band length: Women's Standard
- Bandwidth: 14 millimeters
- Band Color: Rose Gold Tone Stainless Steel
- Dial color: Mother of pearl
- Bezel material: Stainless steel
- Bezel function: Stationary
- Special features: measures-seconds
- Movement: Japanese quartz
- Water resistant depth: 99 Feet